Some people think affirmations are woo-woo or silly. I used to be one of those people.
But now I know that what I think becomes a habit; a pattern. When I get in the habit of eating bon-bons on the couch while watching Netflix, I need to reprogram myself to change that habit by eating healthier, drinking more water, and exercising.
It’s the same with my mind.
I’ve believed certain negative thoughts for so long that it’s become a habit. Affirmations help me to reprogram them.
Currently I am working through the struggles of change. The feeling of being stuck. The lack of flow toward that with which I want. So I’m reprogramming my mind with these affirmations (as I also take daily action):
- I am listening within to discover my hopes, desires, and dreams for tomorrow.
- I am grateful for new challenges that help me evolve and grow stronger.
- I acknowledge myself for the steps (however small) I am taking today.
- I empower myself to take all the actions necessary to live the life I desire.
- I give myself permission to believe in my dreams.
- I am becoming.
- I love myself. I love myself. I love myself.