As time goes on and and we feel more and more STUCK, we often get hard on ourselves. And negative self-talk abounds:
- What’s wrong with me?
- Why can’t I do anything with my life?
- Where am I even headed?
- Why can’t I do the things that I really want to do?
- What’s the meaning of all of this anyway? Does anything even matter?
Buttttt … don’t do that. Because there’s nothing wrong with you! You are just growing. And growing is hard. So give yourself some grace and acceptance. Give yourself some love and appreciation.
MAKE AN APPRECIATION JAR … FOR YOURSELF. WRITE YOURSELF LOVE LETTERS. PUT THEM IN THE JAR. PUT IT SOMEWHERE VISIBLE. GRAB A LETTER OUT AND READ IT WHEN FEELING STUCK.
Some example love letters:
- I love how you are growing through this difficult time.
- I’m so proud of the effort you are putting into your personal development. Future you thanks you!
- I know you feel stuck in this moment, but you will grow through this. I’m so excited about your progress!
- In this very moment you are already enough.
- I love you.
Love + Hugs,